Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Early Morning Thoughts

Good morning! I am so excited to let you know that tomorrow is picture day! I will finally be photographing the new pieces I have made so I can list them in my shop. Tuesday was a very productive day for me - my day off. My goal was to finish the piece for the Etsy Beadweavers' Challenge but I unfortunately got stuck on it. On the bright side, the bead colors on my tray were inspiring and, while I did not accomplish what I set out to do, I did end up with a new pair of earrings and a necklace from my mindless playing with beads. I will be working hard after work today and tomorrow morning to get the challenge piece finished so it can be photographed along with the other pieces. Soon the suspense that I can sense you are all feeling will at last be relieved when it is finally listed. I have had a cup of coffee now as you might guess which is good because I awoke stupid early this morning hours before I needed to be up for work because of some frustrations that I am having at work. I am tense and tired and the Whatifs are completely ruining my sleep.


Whatif

      Last night, while I lay thinking here,
      Some Whatifs crawled inside my ear
      And pranced and partied all night long
      And sang their same old Whatif song:
      Whatif I'm dumb in school?
      Whatif they've closed the swimming pol?
      Whatif I get beat up?
      Whatif there's poison in my cup?
      Whatif I start to cry?
      Whatif I get sick and die?
      Whatif I flunk that test?
      Whatif green hair grows on my chest?
      Whatif nobody likes me?
      Whatif a bolt of lightning strikes me?
      Whatif I don't grow talle?
      Whatif my head starts getting smaller?
      Whatif the fish won't bite?
      Whatif the wind tears up my kite?
      Whatif they start a war?
      Whatif my parents get divorced?
      Whatif the bus is late?
      Whatif my teeth don't grow in straight?
      Whatif I tear my pants?
      Whatif I never learn to dance?
      Everything seems swell, and then
      The nighttime Whatifs strike again!
      - Shel Silverstein


       Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!                                             


No comments:

Post a Comment