Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Misty Winter's Dawn

This time every month I tell you to go vote for your favorite EBWC ( Etsy Beadweavers' Challenge) entry and post a link to the poll on the Beadweavers Blog. It occurred to me that some of you probably have no idea what I am talking about.

I belong to a team on Etsy (the online market that hosts my shop) called the Etsy Beadweavers. Each month we have a challenge to create a beadwoven piece based on a theme chosen by a previous winner. This month's theme was chosen by Tracey of Crystal Star Gems who won the 'Hot, Hot, Hot' challenge.
Here is her description of the theme she chose...
What are your favorite "Misty Winter’s Dawn" shades? Set a Mood with this chance to explore a subdued and muted dawn-in-winter colour palette using tones such as: grey/white, blues/lilacs, pale oranges/yellows, deep greens/foggy greys. Try to achieve a pale, pastel, soft, foggy, muted, subtle and subdued look in your piece. Feel free to google images to see how some muted and softer colours vary and shade together. My favorite photographs are grey/white tones.

We are not required to submit an entry every month, so occasionally I will tell you to go vote and you won't even see an entry from me. I still want to promote my team and its members of course. This month I do have an entry  if you have not already seen it...
Now that you have a little background info I want you to go vote for your favorite! Why? Because it is fun, you will get to see a range of beautiful beadwork, and you can.
The poll is open from the 9th to the 15th every month.


No comments:

Post a Comment